Monday, January 19, 2009

Handy man


I am soooooo glad Mark is handy. This is his 2nd garbage disposal he has had to replace. The first one was in our last house...and thankfully its still working, no complaints from our renters.

And then this one is quite a story. About two months ago I started getting ants on my island counter. GROSS. Well, I couldn't figure out where they were coming from other than the ground beneath the drain/water pipes, but where the place of entry, I had no clue. We'd bug spray, keep things really clean, but still, there were ants.
Apparently, the old garbage disposal had a leak, and I was oblivious to it. The water would leak out and had been rotting out the bottom of the cabinet in the very back corner. I didn't see a thing til I went to take everything out and clean underneath. And the filthy culprit...a big crack on the back side of the disposal, enticing ants to come and explore my kitchen island for food.

Well, the disposal is replaced with a stronger and quieter one. I love it. I can run the disposal with Mark on the phone even! :) Since the replacement, no ants. Let's hope it stays that way!

3 comments:

Amy said...

David isn't handy at all so be thankful that your husband is!!!

Sharlet said...

Nice work! I'm actually the fix-it woman in our house.

Julianne said...

I love having a Handy Husband...SO-SO much! And he even reads directions/instructions before he fixes or builds things!