Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fantastic...

Is how I wish I felt. I caught a horrible stomach flu...which hit me at 3 am last night. Its just the worst when you're woken up to your stomach twisting and turning and you don't know whether to up-chuck or sit on the john. And you wish it was just one or the other. I had liquid coming from both ends, which is never a beautiful sight, or for that matter, makes you feel like you just got ran over by an 18 wheeler and every joint in your body aches.

I was doing so well, last week I worked up to a 9 minute 50 second mile speed for three miles on the treadmill at the gym (not bad for not running all summer!), and now I feel like I have to start all over again, weak and out-of-shape. Just getting to the gym, with both the kids, was a herioc effort for me. Don't worry Lyndsay, I will come once the aches go away. Sheesh...sometimes I feel like my efforts are in vain and that getting in shape is all mental, just to see the physical results.

And not to mention this nasty little bug ruined my Fast Sunday and all my preparations to sub for the Primary Chorister. It doesn't make a difference eating or not, because the thought of food still makes my stomach turn, but the spiritual part of the fast is what I looked forward to. I was planning on having such a fun time with all the primary kids today too...music is such a huge part of our worship.

Maddox came down with this Thursday night...you know, liquid out both ends, but I thought we were all safe when Saturday came, we were all so productive, Mark trenching for the electrical for the waterfall in the planter and I canned some Raspberry jam and no one was puking yet...WRONG! At least Maddox is feeling better...let's just cross our fingers Bryanna and Mark don't get it.

Thank goodness for Ginger-ale, Imodium AD and Advil Gel caps...

8 comments:

Janeen said...

Sorry your not feeling well. That is the worst. We had a good time with you guys the other night. That's great that you were able to make it up to Swiss Days! And all the canning you got done...super woman.

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Bummer, I hope you feel better soon!

Julie N said...

What a sad thing to hear about you and Maddox. Being sick (and like that) is no fun : ( I hope you feel better soon!

Steph Brackett said...

UUUGGGHHH. Well at least you got it BEFORE we all come there this year. Almost seems like a tradition huh! Family in town - everyone puking! Hope you guys feel better soon!

Chandra said...

AWWW Canning! I've always wanted to do that!!! YUM! Your food looks so good in the jars!!! Oh and don't worry about being sick... that's like the best way to loose weight! Seriously! I got mono in high school and dropped like 15 pounds! woohoo! Wish I could get it again! ha ha

Kaerlig said...

I love your unembarrassed announcement of if coming out both ends. We call it "hershey squirts" when it comes out the rear end. Hope you feel better.

Kara said...

I hope you're feeling better, and that no one else got sick! that's the worst thing in the world. I'm so impressed with all your canning! My mom has canned everything my whole life and I can't imagine doing it all by myself. I wouldn't even know where to start, but I sure do enjoy eating it all!

Shannon said...

Ewww....no fun at all! Feel better soon, hon. (((hugs)))