Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Home Depot

Yes, we do alot of projects around our house. Yes, we get our supplies mostly from Home Depot. Yes, the kids have to go with us a lot of the time. Bryanna calls it the "Boy Store" Maddox loves it because the kids always get to pick out a little treat at the cash register. So....what does this all mean??????

Monday Night: We did FHE.

FHE topic: Joseph Smith...lately Bryanna's favorite church song is "Praise to the Man"...she's been humming and singing the tune quite a bit. So we figured we'd teach her a little more about who the "man" is in the song.

FHE prayer: Maddox, the 2 year old, says the opening prayer and it goes something like this:

"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank for this day. Thank for my family. Thank you for my blessings. Thank you for Family Home Depot...."

I can't remember the rest because I was laughing and giggling that he said Family Home Depot instead of Family Home Evening.

Needless to say, we had a great lesson about Joseph Smith and tried to reiterate that we were having Family Home EVENING, but I don't think that one kicked in.

Yes, FHE has an entirely new take for our family!!!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Ha! I LOVE it. Kids are so stinkin awesome.
I've heard so many people talking about Hunger Games...I think maybe you convinced me to go get it:)

Kara said...

That's so funny and so cute! I love little kid prayers. One time Nathan asked to bless the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum. I was giggling too.

Fat and on Fire said...

What a prayer! Would've been chuckling alongside you. How cute!