Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today is my dad's 55th birthday! He is such a great dad, father-in-law, and Bumpa! My kids are CRAZY about their bumpa, esp Maddox! He has been such a steadfast and immovable example in my life of love, kindness, and generousity.


Believe it or not, during my mission, he wrote me three to five times a week! Now that is love and support!!! His letters kept my spirits high when the weather was a total iceberg and the language was impossible at times. I would be laughing, falling off my chair, splitting a gut, whenever I was reading his letters, it was just what I needed to boost my spirits. He has stepped in and helped me out in so many stages of my life, I am so grateful for him and that he is MY dad.



We are celebrating his birthday tonight like every other holiday or occasion...a BBQ and swim party!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I love that you call him Bumpa...that's totally what my boys call my dad. So cute. And LUCKY on the letter writing-I got two letters from my dad my WHOLE mission!

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Jim! I love your dad too- he's a great guy! Wish him a happy birthday from us! Glad you guys had a good 4th of July too. You guys sure know how to have fun and have great BBQ's.

Christene said...

What a great Dad you have. It really is a blessing to have such a strong force for good in your lives and the lives of your kids. Give him a Happy Birthday from us!