Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Peach Muffins with a Pecan Crumb Toppping




So, these were soooooo delicious, and hit my sweet craving spot, I just had to share yet another recipe. I will update on the pregnancy soon. I've been trying to keep myself pre-occupied after a tough weekend. Since my limits are many, the one limit is NOT in the kitchen!
{Peach Muffins with a Pecan Crumb Topping}
Recipe: Emeril Lagasse....BAM!
  • 2 cups finely chopping fresh/frozen peaches. *I used my canned peaches, and they were just as yummy!
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temp.
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Pecan Crumb Topping:

  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 /4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 4 tablespoons cold butter
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly Grease 24 muffin cups.
Place the peaches in a bowl and cover with 1/2 cup of the sugar. Mix thoroughly. Allow the peaches to sit for 1 hour. *I completely skipped this part because I used my canned peaches, and I also left out the 1/2 cup sugar.
Mix in electric mixer with paddle, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth and pale in color, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternately adde the flour mixture and milk, being careful not to over mix. Fold in the peaches. Spoon 1/4 filling into each prepared muffin cup. In a small bowl, combine the remainging flour, brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Mix well. Add the butter. Using your hands, mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumb like mixure. Sprinkle 1 tablspoon of the crumb mixture over each muffin cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warm butter....yum!

No comments: