Left-over Baked Potato Soup
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery (or you can use a sweet onion or leeks)
- 1 Tbs garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 Large or 8 medium-small leftover baked potatoes, halved, pulp scooped out and put through a ricer **I don't have a ricer, so I put it into my blender
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- salt to taste (up to 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced chives
In a large sauce pot, over medium-high heat melt the butter and add the celery and garlic. Cook over medium heat until they are translucent. Add the stock and whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the riced potatoes, milk, sour cream, and grated Parmesan. **I put all these ingredients into the blender b/c I don't have a ricer. It did the job just fine. Add this mixture to the soup, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives.
Don't know what to do with your leftover baked potatoes? Now you do!!!!!!!!!