Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

I just love my mom to pieces! She is the most amazing woman. My mom has so many talents, and can accomplish so much. After getting married and having two kids, my appreciation for her has sky rocketed! I can't express my gratitude enough for all she has taught me, either through her quiet example or while helping me when I had school projects, being there for all my volleyball games, traveling with me during club season to tournaments, and of course having really fun shopping trips to the mall!

Some of her favorite things are: Hawaii, grandkids and tennis!

Mom one of my best friends not only to me, but to my sisters and Nana as well!

Her relationship with my dad is one of loyalty, love and fun! My parents are always laughing, they have good time no matter what they are doing. Mom is so strong and resilient, they have gone through alot together, and to see them come out on top and having grown even closer gives me strength in my own life knowing if they can do it, so can I!

I can't see [my parents] one without the other. They are intertwined and strive for the same goal. I hope when I reach my fifty's, that I am having just as much fun as they are; doing what they love...traveling and being close to their children and grandkids!

My dad just got called to serve as 1st Counselor to the Mission President & his wife of the Las Vegas, Nevada West Mission. I found it interesting that my mom was called and set apart as well as my dad. She will be his companion on speaking assignments, something she isn't exactly thrilled about, but finds it neat at the same time!!

It is so wonderful to see them serving whole heartedly, finding a new strength to help move forward the missionary efforts here in Las Vegas. Seeing them in this new calling has flooded memories of my own mission and those experiences that are so dear to my heart. I view missionary work as sacred and priviledged, knowing that the Lord has trusted you with this enormous responsibility! I look forward to all the great and wonderful opportunities they will encounter during their service!

Thanks for always being there, you are so fun!!

Happy Birthday MOM!!! Love you!!

4 comments:

Chandra said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom. You sure are a blessing to her! My friends Dad used to be the Vegas mission pres but got sick with cancer and had to be released. Crazy how small the world of the church is huh?

Kim said...

I haven't been around you Mom a lot but, the times that I have you can really tell what an amazing person she is!


BTW: I was just catching up on your posts and about Maddox had! Poor thing! It looked awefull!

Your back yard is looking great! I love the way the kids watch TV!
We have got to get together!

Love Ya!

Shannon said...

She sounds amazing! I look forward to getting to know her one day. :) Happy Birthday!

Kaerlig said...

I love that your mom and dad are serving together. The picture of you with your mom and Jaime is beautiful. Great family.