Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dance Class, Carving Pumpkins, Best Homemade Bread EVER!

Bryanna had Parent day at dance class on Monday, it was so fun to watch her dance, she is always dancing, singing...so it was great to watch her be apart of the class and take her turn doing all the fun moves. Her teacher is due to have her 6th baby right before thanksgiving, and I really hope she will want to keep going after she recovers...but if not, I don't blame her one bit!





Mark carved this really cool spider web and spider on Saturday. I love Saturdays when daddy is home and playing with all of us. He's such a great hubby...love you Mark!



I have to share the most delicious homemade bread recipe originally from my cousin Trachelle who lives in Anchorage, AK...and then I got from Kaerlig my other wonderful cousin in Provo...Thank you to both of you...I have enjoyed having the yummy smell of a bakery in my home ever since! It's addicting...I seem to be on a homemade bread kick lately!


Using a bread machine on the dough cycle~

here is Trachelle's recipe for one loaf:

1 cup hot water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 T. oil
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
3 T. gluten
1 T. yeast

Add them in that order. The breadmaker stinks for baking bread, but it is good for mixing dough so I let it do it's job and when the timer went off, I took it out, punched it down and put it in my bread pan and let it rise again and baked it at 350 for 25 minutes and it's perfect.
I have a bread machine, but not a kitchen aide mixer...so this is such a great alternative! Thanks Trachelle and Kaerlig!

2 comments:

Kaerlig said...

Cute pictures of Ballet and pumpkin carving. Remember when it used to just be triangle eyes, nose and a grin? Pumpkins are getting so artistic lately. And high five for the bread. I've been making loaves about every other day and today I made the dough and made rolls with it. I am really glad to have a decent recipe finally.

Chandra said...

Look at cute Mark with his pumpkin! Tanner has a pumpkin carving phobia due to a childhood trauma he suffered (almost cutting off his thumb while carving pumpkins) so he wont ever participate with me! boo :-(