Saturday, June 26, 2010

Father's Day

I'm about a week late with this post, but I couldn't just surpass this one! After getting in from our vaca last Saturday, Mark and I had lots to do to prepare for Father's Day. I say Mark, because he helped me with my dad's gift. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it before I handed it off to my dad! We made all the letters my dad wrote to me on my mission into a book (acutally into 4 books because there were so many). On top of that, I had to finish writing my talk for Father's Day. It was a great welcoming home task, no wonder I had such a strong desire to stay in California! Also, Mark was put in as the Elder's Quorum President Sunday...and as Mark put it, 'We were hit with a double whammy on Sunday!'

It was wonderful at the same time because I invited my dad (and mom and sisters) to our sacrament meeting...so dad could hear the roast I was giving him and so Mark could have some help while I sat up on the stand. It was also special because our stake president is getting released tomorrow and we have loved him very much, and he was able to set Mark apart in his new calling for the last time (very bittersweet).

Upon coming home from church, we snapped the kids some very cute pictures in their Sunday best, it was a very comical time with Maddox especially!



Maddox is a very funny little boy who likes to tease (and be teased). This is his version of posing (like Bryanna!)

Now here he is trying his best to smile, normal!


Some days I blink and I see my first born growing into a young little lady right before my eyes and I want to reach out and stop the clock that instant. Its just not fair how fast kids grow.

And here's to Mark, the bestest dad in the entire world, who works so hard for our family, so I can stay home with the kids. He's a hero in all 4 of our eyes! We love you daddy!

No comments: