Saturday, February 23, 2008

So Grateful





I went to a baby shower that my cousin, Stacey Hawley, hosted and found that she is a blogger too. Reading through her different Posts, this one caught my eye, and ripped a piece of my heart. I haven't heard of Sheye Rosemeyer until now, and the tragedy they experienced in the last year. She is a gifted writer, and relates so well her feelings that you will need a tissue. Her main talent is photography and her blog is up for best blog photography of the year, and you can vote for it on her blog.

I so needed to read this tonight, (thank you Stacey). I was feeling a little weepy today, who knows why, but I'm blaming it on hormones. You know when you go to the movies and cry over a heart felt romance story, well this fits the shoe, except it is reality for this family. It felt good to cry the sorry tears and get them out of my system. It always makes me feel better, and then, I just naturally start to count my blessings.

I am so grateful for my little family. My sweet little Bryanna, and my snuggly, little Maddox. I am so grateful I have more days to come with them. It makes me never want to complain about being overtired, and dream about solitude, escaping to a spa to get a massage. When in reality, the place I really want to be most is with my children and husband, and if they were to leave this earth, I would regret ever thinking about becoming a professional escape artist. It motivates me to be consciously grateful for everyday I have with my spunky little spirits, though they challenge me constantly. And not to mention my best friend and all the days I have ahead with him. My life is absolutely a dream, and I thank the Lord for all he has given me.

I would recommend first reading Ava's memorial, which explains what happened. Sheye writes incredible passages with pictures that tell even more. Please visit and read her blog: http://www.sheyerosemeyer.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Taylor Made said...

Well said Stacy! Nothing beats a happy family!

Stacie Hawley said...

Oh good I am so glad you read her story - isn't it sweet!! I seriously read her whole blog one night and could NOT stop crying. It is so touching and makes you truly grateful for happy and healthy kids - and LIFE!! Anyways - my blog background I made myself!! Ha ha - I am pretty proud of myself because I really can't do anything at all computerish. Ha ha. But it is actually pretty easy - you just use freebie digi scrapbook paper downloads and add them to your background. It kind of sounds pretty crazy but it is really easy if you are shown how to do it!! Maybe you guys could come over one day and I could show you!! It doesn't take very long and once you know - you can change it up all the time and never lose your links!! Anyways - sorry this comment has turned into a post!! Ha ha.

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

Looks like you guys are enjoying life. Your kids are so cute together. It's nice to be able to see what's going on from so far away. Miss you guys....

Chandra said...

Hey Stac! Thank for the comment! Ijust added the pix one at a time and put them in the Center. Then I entered down after each pic and added the text. Easy Sheesie!

Todd & Rakel Gardner said...

Stacey, I am so glad you wrote so I could see your blog too, I haven't seen Maddox since he was brand new. Your kids are so cute and are definately getting big. Are you still in Desert Willows? or were you able to sell your house?